Friday, January 13, 2006

Hot profs

This story from the Village Voice looks at websites on which students rate profs on their hotness (among other attributes).

Jumping into the wayback machine, I'd give a "he's smoking hot" rating to my Italian professor, Roberto, the Florentine dish. Wonder where he is now? Probably grandfather to scads of little Fiorentinos back in the home country. Sigh. He was so cute that I used to spend 20 hours a week in the language lab, listening to those "repeat after me" tapes just on the off-change I might see him. Benefit of that: I made all A's in Italian and still have the occasional dream in the language. (I also did pretty well speaking it on trips to Italy, where I was informed right away that I had a Florentine accent.)

Only once on a student evaluation did anyone ever give me a "she's hot." And thank you, Nigel, for the nod. It does the old gal good to think you were checking out my ass while I was scrawling on the dry-erase board in class.

Do a prof a favor and give him or her a "hot" rating on the rate-a-prof sites. We like it.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooohhhh yeah! I remember him fondly. I would sit in the front of the room, my head propped up by my left arm while I stared at him longingly. Sigh.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Chaser said...

We do indeed like to be rated as "hot!!"

Whee!

My best professor crush was a very handsome Iranian man named Mr. Benakdarian who taught us philosophy. Thus he was dressed in all black, all the time, with those lovely Dieter glasses. HMmmmm. Here's to the swarthy men of our unrequited past!!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only instructor I ever had a crush on was my third grade homeroom teacher—if that even counts. I went to a parochial school with predominately nuns teaching. No hot teachers in high school, and had all men as Profs in college (business school) except for one butt ugly woman accounting prof. Thank goodness there were a lot of hot chicks in my classes.

I did write a love letter to that third grade teacher before school was out for the summer. So, in effect, I have given a “hot” rating.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAha! I wonder if there's one for highschools. Well, I can only think of 3 teachers who actually are hott. And 2 others I'd say are hott because I like 'em so much.

3:28 AM  
Blogger merc said...

My sophomore year I asked out my health professor b/c she was a hottie. She looked like she couldn't believe I had the guts to ask out a professor while still taking the class. She told me to come back next semester.

:-)

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I don't have the coveted pepper from "Rate my professors," I do have a student comment on there that says "In his own unique way, he's one sexy dude." Given that I'm 6'4" and 300+ lbs., I'll count that.

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she had a poodle skirt, mid 1950's. I was in 3rd grade and we all thought she was cool. hot wasn't an expression in the 50's

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Ordinary,

I don't know what fields you're in, but think Political Science. And law. Straight A's in my major concentration (Congressional Politics) and an American Jurisprudence Award in Evidence because I fought my way to the front row no matter HOW many people were in the class. Nothing like an incentive to impress the prof.

Evidence. Mmmmmm.

3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sitting in the hot prof's class right now...it's law school, he's foreign with a lovely yet coarse unique accent, 63, athletic, brilliant, and single. Don't know what it is - he's balding a bit, wears offensively bright colored ties at times, drives an older model luxury car, and carries a beat up leather bag. Most friends don't share my sentiment, but he gets the Chili Pepper, hands down.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www0528
indianapolis colts jerseys
off white
prada sunglasses
coach outlet canada
reebok trainers
nike roshe one
oakley sunglasses
michael kors outlet
uggs
pandora jewelry

3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home